Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
According to recent studies, 5 percent of all motor vehicle fatalities are clearly caused by automobile maintenance neglect. The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner’s manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner’s manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly – every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle’s suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
When you have service and repairs performed at a TECH-NET Professional Auto Service facility, you’re covered by a nationwide warranty.
The TECH-NET Professional Nationwide Warranty program covers most parts and labor for 12 months or 12,000 miles / 20,000 kilometers, which ever comes first when traveling more than 25 miles / 40 kilometers from the original TECH-NET Professional service and repair facility.
Contact a TECH-NET Professional Auto Service member for complete warranty coverage information.
In the event you need assistance on a warranty related repair when traveling beyond 25 miles / 40 kilometers from the original service facility, simply call the toll-free number (866) 588-0728 which can be found on your invoice.
The warranty program administrator will direct you to the nearest in-network service facility to handle the warranty related repair.
The TECH-NET Professional Nationwide warranty reaches across North America providing vehicle protection on qualifying service and repairs for 12-months/12,000 miles/40 kilometers which ever comes first.
Under this program you are protected when traveling beyond 25-miles/40 kilometers from our service facility.
Marvin’s Auto Service Inc. is a full-service preventive maintenance and automotive repair center. Marvin’s Auto Service Inc. has been performing high quality, guaranteed automotive repairs in the Palm Harbor area since 1936. We service and repair all domestic vehicles and most foreign vehicles. Bring in your foreign and domestic auto, SUV, or pickup today with complete confidence that your vehicle will be serviced or repaired correctly the first time. Worried about the factory warranty on your new car? Don’t be! We have the staff, skills, training, and equipment necessary to perform all required maintenance on your new vehicle while maintaining your warranty. We are the preferred alternative to the dealership for all scheduled maintenance of your personal car or truck, as well as your fleet vehicle.
Schedule an appointment today for all of your automotive needs!
Car Care Services
- Distributorless Ignition
- Fuel Injection
- Ignition Wires & Cables
- Oil, Lube, and Filter
- Spark Plugs
- Domestic General Repair
- Fleet Repairs
- Import General Repair (Most models)
- Anti-lock Brakes
Collision Repair Services
Heating and Cooling Services
- Air Conditioning
- Belts & Hose
- Starters & Alternators
- Four-wheel drive
- Front-wheel drive
- Engine Controls
Internal Engine Services
- Cylinder Block
- Cylinder Head
- Engine Overhaul
- After hours drop off
- Custom exhaust
- State certified emissions repair facility
- State certified emissions test facility
- Fuel economy inspection
- Free local pickup and delivery with repairs by appointment
- We offer most major brands of tires
- Mobile repair
- Good selection of new and used tires
- Performance modifications
- Pre-purchase inspections
- Pre trip inspection
- State inspection station
- Trailer hitches and wiring
- Most extended warranties accepted
- On site welding
Quality Machine Services
- Machine Shop
- Overnight shipping
- Parts identification and cross reference
- Special orders available on all parts and tools if not in stock
- Used oil drop off location
Marvin’s Auto Service Inc. is a full-service preventive maintenance and auto repairs center in the Palm Harbor, FL 34683 area.
Our experts have the knowledge to service and repair even the most challenging auto problems on all makes and models of domestic and import vehicles. We use the latest technology to assess the situation and offer you alternatives. We guarantee all of our work and know you’ll be happy with the outcome.
Marvin’s Auto Service Inc. is a full-service preventive maintenance and automotive repair center that has been performing high quality, guaranteed automotive repairs in the Palm Harbor area since 1936. We service and repair all makes and models of domestic vehicles and most models of import vehicles. We are your logical alternative to the dealership for all scheduled maintenance of your personal vehicle, or fleet car or truck. Bring in your foreign and domestic auto, SUV, or pickup today with complete confidence that your vehicle will be serviced correctly while maintaining your manufacturer’s warranty.
Marvin’s Auto Service Inc. is an independently owned and operated full-service repair and maintenance facility. We use the latest diagnostic equipment to guarantee your vehicle is repaired or serviced properly and in a timely fashion. We only use quality replacement parts, and our technicians are ASE-certified.